top of page
Frequently asked questions by customers

Q. What is the difference between MM2H and Sarawak MM2H?

A. The difference between the MM2H and Sarawak MM2H is the application procedure that an applicant has to go through. Apart from that, the terms and conditions under these 2 programs is slightly different from each other. (Please refer to our application criteria)

Q. Who is eligible to apply for MM2H?
A. MM2H: 30 years and above
Sarawak MM2H: 30 years and above. For those below 30 years, they can apply under 2 conditions:
•    undergoing long term medical treatment in Sarawak
•    children pursuing further education in Sarawak


Q. How long does it take for my MM2H application to be processed and approved?
A. MM2H: Approximately 3 to 4 months
Sarawak MM2H: Approximately 4 weeks


Q. The Client Is 48 And the Client's Wife Is 50. Can the Client's Wife Be the Lead Applicant (Thereby Reducing the Financial Requirements) And If So, Would It Make Any Difference In Terms Of The Chances Of Success Of The Application?
A. No different, both the same.


Q. Before Applying for The MM2H Visa, The Client Will Visit Malaysia. The Client's Husband Is a British Passport Holder and The Client Is Tanzania Passport Holder. Do They Need to Require A Visa to Visit Malaysia As A Tourist?
A. Not required, they can come in as normal tourist.


Q. Pre-Existing Health Issues That Are Now Treated (Heart Issues) Affect the Application for MM2H?
A. No it’s not an issue, these tests will never be done at any time before or after application and being healthy is not a requirement except for contagious and infectious diseases.

Q. Can I Withdraw My Fixed Deposit Any Time During My Stay in Malaysia?
A. Participants are not allowed to withdraw the fixed deposit for the whole duration of the one-year period, unless for emergency cases and with prior approval from the Ministry of Tourism.

Q. Can I Place the Fixed Deposit in A Malaysian Bank Located in My Country?
A. No. The fixed deposit account must be opened in any Malaysian bank or financial institution located in Malaysia.

Q. Can the Purchase of a House in Malaysia Which Is Valued More Than RM1,000,000 Be Considered as Having Fulfilled the Financial Criteria for This Program?
A. No. Participants are required to fulfill the fixed deposit requirement or monthly off-shore income for those age 50 years and above as the purchase of a house is not compulsory for participants under this program.

Q. Who qualifies as dependants?
A. children/adopted children/step children/parents qualify as dependants

Q. When Can I Withdraw My Fixed Deposit?
A. After a period of one year, the participant may withdraw his/her fixed deposit for approved expenses relating to house purchase, education for children in Malaysia and medical purposes OR when he/she decides to terminate his/her stay in Malaysia by first informing the Ministry of Tourism of his/her intention at Malaysia My Second Home Centre. Participants can apply to withdraw part of their fixed deposit for emergency cases such as medical purposes, etc. with prior approval of the Ministry of Tourism.

Q. Did I Need to Come to Malaysia To Do the Stamping or Other Process?
A. Yes, you need to come only for visa stamping after approval. If you don’t come to Sarawak then you can simply courier passports, transfer the visa fee and others fee to us whilst in another place in Malaysia.

Q. Why Can’t I Apply For E-Visa?
A. E-visa will not be acceptable by mm2h immigration for when you come for your 1st mm2h visa stamping.

Q. For the MM2H Approval Letter Which Was Issued 2014. The Term 2.2 Did Indicate That Child's Visa Can Only Be Issued Until 21 Years Old. Can the Child Request for An Extension? (Now Is Over 21)
A. No you cannot extend, after 21 children cannot be under the same application with parents he must apply on his/her own or they can have parents as dependents but then they need to fulfil their own requirements.

Q. For Cancellation of Ex-Wife Mm2h Visa, Immigration Needs Ex-Wife Original Passport to Cancel Right? Does Ex-Wife Need to Enter the Country and Have an Entry Record? Or Just Can Courier Over for Cancellation Will Do?
A. Ex-wife not required to be in Malaysia but an application needs to be made to mm2h to cancel her visa.

Q. If the Client Passport Expired & Overstayed, What Will Happen When Exit Back to The Home Country? Will It Affect His /Her Renewal of MM2H On His/her New Passport?
A. They have to clear and pay the fine for overstaying and extend the MM2H visa on the new passport.

Q. Can I do my medical check-up in my country?
A. No, you can only do the medical check-up in Malaysia.

Q. If the Client Got the Conditional Approval Letter in October 2019. He Supposes to Do Endorsement of Visa, Unfortunately, He Got A Heart Attack and Stroke, Now Hospitalized in Singapore. Can He Still Able to Do the Endorsement After Discharge from The Hospital? Or Can He Ask for Extensions?
A. Yes, we have to extend his approval letter issue date, and inform the current client health condition to MM2H, advise the client to get the letter from the doctor to inform the situation to MM2H.

Q. Does the Client Have to Be Married? Now the Client Lives in The Netherlands And Has A "Registered Partnership".
A. As long as you can provide a legal document to prove your partnership should be fine.

Q. Can the Client Ship Our Personal Belongings Duty-Free?
A. Yes you can ship your items and you don’t have to pay the duty.

Q. For an MM2H Visa Holder, Could the Client Receive Any Directors' Fees as Both an Investor and Directors?
A. Yes, you can receive directors’ fees.

Q. Can A Malaysian Spouse Apply for MM2H Visa After the Expiry of His Existing Spouse Visa or Rather Not to Renew His Spouse Visa Upon Expiring?
A. Client can still apply mm2h visa and renew the spouse visa once is expired, but once you got the approval letter has to terminate the spouse visa in able to get an MM2H visa stamped on your passport.

Q. The Client Works Online in The UK So Would That Be A Problem for The Client?
A. No Problem, you can still work remotely under mm2h visa if you work from home as a freelancer.

Q. Can the Client Sell the Property? What Capital Gains Taxation and Other Taxation That Would Apply?
A. Yes you can sell property, the capital tax gain for property depending on how many years you have owned the house.

Q. The Client Is Concerned About His Children's Future Here, What They Will Do After Completing Their Studies If the MM2H Program Will Not Allow Us to Get PR. Is There Any Way for Foreigners to Get PR In Malaysia?
A. Unfortunately, having an MM2H visa does not entitle applicants or dependents to get Permanent Residency and it cannot be converted to PR status. The MM2H visa is a 10-year visa which gives the flexibility for applicant and dependents to come in and out of Malaysia as many times as they like without any restrictions.

Q. The Client Is 49 Years Old Now and Will Be 50 In January Next Year If the Application Is Lodged When He Is 49 But Approved When He Is 50 What Rules Will Apply to Me?
A. The rules will be followed as 50 years and below as at time of submission and not approval.

Q. Is There A Required Minimum Amount to Start A Business Under the MM2H?
A. No there is no general minimum requirement but may require under certain business licenses.

Q. Would There Be Any Tax Concessions on Operating A Business Such as A Restaurant or Chain of Restaurants? Also, Would There Be Any Restrictions on Running the Same?
A. Normal tax as any local private company. Restrictions based on business for foreigners but can get license if local added but this is for businesses dealing in control item and/or dealing with government etc.

Q. If the Client Uses the MM2H Program, How Long Do We Have to Actually Be in Malaysia? (We Intend to Travel the World for Several Years, Without Being Longer Than 3 Months in One Particular Country).
A. Yes, for S-MM2H participants they are required to stay in Sarawak for a total of 15 days per year. For MM2H participants they are required to stay in Malaysia for a total of 90 days per year. After, achieving the requirements participants can stay or leave the country whenever they like to. 

Q. If my passport is valid for 3 years, will I receive the 10-year visa endorsement?
A. The MM2H visa endorsement will be given based on the validity of your passport. You will be entitled to receive up to ten (10) years visa if your passport is valid for the next ten years. If your passport in only valid for 3 years, you will only be given a 3-year visa. You will receive the balance of the 10-year visa upon the renewal of your passport. 

bottom of page