top of page
Frequently asked questions by customers

Q. Is it compulsory for me to purchase a house after joining this program?
A. No. It is not compulsory for you to purchase a house after joining this program

Q. I And My Wife Can Work on This MM2H Visa in Malaysia?
A. No, you are not allowed to work as an employee of a Malaysian company but once you get MM2h visa stamp on your passport, you can own your own business.

Q. Are the Participants Entitled to Any Special Entitlements?
A. All participants are allowed to purchase residential properties at more than RM 1,000,000 each. However, Sarawak and Sabah participants are also allowed to purchase residential properties but for the age between 40 and 50 years old required to invest in real properties specifically for residential purposes with a total amount of RM600,000.

Q. Can I Purchase A House for Residential Purpose and A Shop Lot to Be Rented Out?
A. No, you are only allowed to purchase residential properties except for companies.

Q. Do I Have to Pay the Yearly Assessment and Quit Rent for My Houses Like the Local?
A. Yes.

Q. In the Event of Unforeseen Death Is the Participant Able to Hand Over His Malaysian Assets to Any of His Beneficiaries Smoothly. Does the Government Have Any Restriction on This Matter?
A. Yes, provided he/she has a Will which indicated clearly to whom the properties are to be given. If not the next of kin of the participant will have to apply to the Government to have his properties released to them as the rightful heirs.

Q. Must Foreigners Buy New Malaysia Property Only, Such as From Developers, Or Can They Purchase Any Property, Such as From Individual Owners (Second Hand or Third Hand Property)?
A. Participants can purchase any type of housing properties provided that it has been issued with CF (Certificate of Fitness).

Q. Am I Subjected to The Property Gain Tax If I Make A Profit from Selling My House?
A. Yes. 30% within 5 years of selling house & 5% thereafter.


bottom of page